Sunday, January 28, 2007

Vietnam - Any big media company?


Just received an assignment from the International Media Management class about writing a case study on a media company that is well-known or that you know well.

I'm really keen on doing research on a media company from vietnam. The thing is the accessibility to companies' information from vietnam is difficult unless you have a close relationship with them. Besides, the number of articles, press releases or even company's reports are not publicly published or if yes, which is hardly the case, are in scarce amount.

FPT or VDC can be seen two prominent companies in the media industry although their strengths are in IT or software commmerce. Not quite happily, the information on their websites just represents company's propaganda (of course, it is their companies) which can barely contribute to a proper case study. They do have several branches dealing with media. Unfortunately, their TV shows are not accessed by the majority of the public if they don't have cable connection. I would make an in-depth case study about them if the assignment's topic is diverted to IT or broadband, etc. I loathe conditional mode though.

So, the alternatives may well go to US or UK companies which I haven't had at all anything called expertise! Reading books for tomorrow and for case studies. LOL.

2 comments:

NgocNga said...

so how did you get over this? I'm curious. I'm doing research on media companies in Vietnam too.

Tony said...

Hi folks, i ran across your post about media companies.

If you need information for research, contact me at tony.truong@goldenadgroup.com I'm working for an ad agency and we own a media agency. I can help you get some basic data for your research.

Tony